Corporate Gifts Ideas-Thank You Notes for EmployeesFebruary 14th, 2012 | Posted by in Corporate Gift Ideas | Gifts Ideas | Thank You Gifts
If you were the employee, “Thank you!”-these are welcome words to all of us. A thank you communicates that we are valued and appreciates that we are valued and appreciated. Not receiving a thank you suggests that we are taken for granted. That is why an expression of thanks can make all the difference in a business relationship.
And thank you note is simple and lovely for every employee – appreciation is a fundamental human emotional need, in the work environment it is a necessary requirement – employee respond positively to appreciation expressed through recognition of their work because it confirms their work is valued. When employees and their contributions are valued, their satisfaction rises, which in turn tends to lead to increases in individual productivity.
Thank you notes are among the easiest messages to write, especially when you follow these tips and suggestions.
1. Write promptly – Although a sincere thank you is welcome anytime, writing promptly makes the writing easier because the details are fresh in your mind.
2. Say thank you sincerely and specifically
3. Say thank you warmly – Always use the other person’s name and the personal pronouns I and we. For instance, write” We appreciate your service”-not “Your service is appreciated.”
4. Say thank you in your own voice – Write thank you that sound life you-not like something out of an etiquette book. Tell your own story. Use your own language.
5. Let gratitude multiply and spread-When you thank someone for excellent work on the job, send a copy to his or her supervisor and to the personnel department. When you thank a supervisor, mention the group.
Sample Thank You Notes
Today’s presentation went very well and was well received by the department managers; I was also pleased to see that the team accomplished its key goals. I want to personally thank you for informally assisting your project team to stay on track and on target to meet their goals. Without your willingness to step up and, despite some push back from team members, persist in keeping the team on track, the project would certainly have strayed off course.
Thank you for all your work on today’s web conference. It could not have happened without you. Through your planning, the program went beautifully. I appreciate the tactful way you handled my problem with the microphone. Also, your transition between the segments was very smooth. Your attention to detail and high standards were evident throughout the program.
Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated your help with the product release. We would have missed our due date without everything you did to make the instructional language consistent in the manual, the brochure, and on the Web site.
I want you to know how much we appreciate the extra time you put in this week to get the new product orders shipped. The customers were well-served by your extra efforts and the company appears customer-oriented because we delivered on our promised timeline.
Thanks so much again.