A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
Teachers play an important role in guiding the growth and development of a child. Starting from learning the alphabets in nursery school, a child develops the skills in reading, writing and arithmetic.
There are kinds of reasons for sending the teacher gifts to our teacher. But don’t wait until the official teacher appreciation week, teacher appreciation month or teacher’s day to show your gratitude.
Any time is the right time for a thank you teacher poem in a thank you teacher card or included in your teacher appreciation sayings.
Sometime the simple gifts also can help you, just like the thank you teacher letter. A thank you letter template can help when you want to write a thank you letter or appreciation letter, but do not know how to start. Maybe you don’t know how to express your thanks and what you really feel inside. A thank you letter template will help greatly in putting your words on paper.
Here are a few reasons for writing thank you letters:
• Successful Job Interview
• Helpful advice
• Personal favors
Here are some examples of a thank you letter template:
Dear Lily Scott:
I would like to express my appreciation for the incredible volunteering service for the local charity. The contributions you’ve made over the years have been very invaluable to us.
Thank you and I wish you success in all your endeavors.
Personal thank you teacher cards can also be encouraging, if you want to thank you your children’s teacher, the best thing is that you encourage your kids to make their own homemade thank you teacher cards with teacher appreciation quotes and sayings.
Exquisite thank you card with warm and beautiful teacher appreciation quotes and sayings, this is simple but unique teacher gifts, you can collection kinds nice teacher appreciation quotes and sayings as follows:
- A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
- He, who opens a school door, closes a prison.
- Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition. ~Jacques Barzun
- I’ve seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives. ~Tracy Chapman
- Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. – Aristotle
- A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others.-Anonymous
- The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind writing your own thank you teacher poem is romantic and interesting thing. Read more teacher appreciation poem:1. Teacher Appreciation Poem – Please Teach Me2. If I Could Teach You, Teacher
Thank you teacher gifts always play important role in gift-giving world. Simple things mean as much as more expensive expressions. In selecting gifts for teachers, you can think about what they may like and what may be useful to make their lives a little easier. There are many gifts designed specifically for teachers, while other gifts may be sent to anyone, but are especially useful for teachers.
1. Teacher Gift Basket: There are gift baskets designed with teachers in mind. One such basket consists of a gift tote filled with an inspirational book for teachers, a coffee cup, a writing notebook, gourmet coffee, and a variety of gourmet treats.
2. Personalized Pen: Every teacher can use a pen to take notes and grade papers. A pen personalized with their initials will make a useful gift.
3. Spa Gift: A teacher’s job can be challenging and stressful at times. Thus, teachers deserve a little pampering to release stress. You can send a spa gift basket to your favorite teacher to relax and rejuvenate.
4. Book: Books for the classroom make a wonderful gift for the teacher. Choose one of your child’s favorite tales, and remember to sign the inside cover with your family’s name and date. Books are gifts that keep on giving.
5. Crystal gifts for teacher: Crystal jewelry such as bracelet, necklace are perfect choice for your female teacher, engraved crystal figurines are not limited to the small mice and other gentle creatures we so commonly see. You may be surprised to find that crystal figurines are available in as many different shapes as men have passions.
6. Personalized Picture Frame: You can send your favorite teacher a picture frame personalized with the name of the teacher, school, grade level, or subject taught. There are many colorful designs to choose from.
7. Homemade Gifts: Teachers are interested in your homemade gifts, not only they always spend little money, but they are the vivid expression of your love and appreciation. Make a scrap book of you two sharing memories together. Make a homemade candle for them! Just go to hobby lobby they will have all the supplies; then make extra candles for you.
8. Supplies: Many teachers have to go out of pocket to provide supplies for their classrooms. So as a gift give them a supply kit that would be full of papers, markers, pencils, folders and other everyday items that they are sure to use.
- About Teacher Appreciation Week
|Year||Teacher Appreciation Week||Teacher Appreciation Day|
|2009||May 4 – May 8||Tuesday, May 5|
|2010||May 3 – May 7||Tuesday, May 4|
|2011||May 2 – May 6||Tuesday, May 3|
|2012||May 7 – May 11||Tuesday, May 8|
|2013||May 6 – May 10||Tuesday, May 7|
|2014||May 5 – May 9||Tuesday, May 6|
|2015||May 4 – May 8||Tuesday, May 5|
Teacher Appreciation Week is a weeklong celebration in the United States observed the first full week in May. Teacher Appreciation Day is the Tuesday that falls during Teacher Appreciation Week. National Teacher Day is part of a week-long celebration honoring our teachers.
On Teacher Day, be sure to honor the special teachers in your life for the hard work they do each day. This is appropriate occasion for you to show your appreciation and support to your child’s teacher.
No one really knows when this set-aside week began. Some say it harks all the way back to World War II, while others note that Eleanor Roosevelt pushed for it in 1953. Ultimately, in 1985, the National PTA established Teacher Appreciation Week as the first week in May.
What really matters, though, is that the need to value our nation’s educators has a long history-and has a long way to go.
Read More: Teacher Appreciation Week
References & Resources