Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular festivals in United States of America. This day is considered as a day to honor the great St. Valentine.
February 14th, Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love and lovers
People express their love and gratitude towards their beloved on this day. This is not considered just as a lover’s day in US but a day in which one can express his gratitude to histeachers, mom, dad, spouse, girlfriend or anybody whom you love.
History and Traditions of Valentines Day
Valentine’s Day is said to have imported to North America in the 19th century by British settlers. The roots of Valentine’s Day goes back to ancient times, when people paid honor to the Roman God of Fertility.
In the second half of the 20th century, the practice of giving gifts along with cards became popular. The traditions of Valentine’s Day are broad and many. It is a time to exchange cards or small gifts. Roses and chocolates were the most commonly exchanged Valentine’s Day Gifts and were usually given by man to the women.
- Valentine’s Day festival has been commercialized to a great extent in US. It is estimated that Valentine’s Day is the major card and gift giving festival in US. Days before the festival markets wear a festive look to lure consumers.
- The youngsters enjoy the day with new gift ideas such as love map, photo story albums, Love T-Shirt, Lover ID Badge, Musical CDs, DVDs, High-Fi mobile phones. Valentine’s Day dinner and dance parties take place all over America to celebrate the occasion.
- Even if candle light dinner is an old Valentine’s idea, people religiously follows it till today. Many couples arrange private celebrations in homes and restaurant by hiring a local DJ. Many schools organize children’s programs on Valentine’s Day where children can prove their talent by participating in the fun games and competitions.
- Customize crystal heart Valentine gift with engraved love quotes/poems is trend nowadays.
- Children also make flower bouquets and gift baskets for their friends and teachers on that day.
- People living in different cities exchange the valentine greetings with e-cards and gifts which available through online Valentine’s Day shopping sites.
- Write Valentines Day letter is classical but popular ideas. Email letter is convenient but it is specil sweet feeling while receive the paper letter with your own handwriting.
But some traditional Valentines Day gifts such as love picture frame, crystal heart Valentine gift, Valentines Day letter, Valentines Day cards and more are classical but still popular and never out. Insist with the times and absorb fashionable element depend on creating their own style are mainly reason to keep their steady gift-giving market. They are worth choosing to highlight special Valentines Day 2012.
- Love Picture Frame – Your love gifts have not long life in our romantic life though you would like say they had left deep impression upon your heart though they gone. It is perfect if you can let them live in the chic picture frame, your lover will enjoy another happiness.
- Crystal Heart Valentine Gift – Crystal gift is popular and beautiful for its clear perfection and sparkling reflection. It is also the symbol of pure love and good relationship. So you can’t miss customize crystal heart Valentine gift with engraved love wording/quotes/poems to show your heart.
- Valentines Day Letter
- Valentines Day Cards