My Pretty Rose Tree by William Blake
A flower was offered to me;
Such a flower as May never bore.
But I said I’ve a Pretty Rose-tree.
And I passed the sweet flower o’er.
Then I went to my Pretty Rose-tree:
To tend her by day and by night.
But my Rose turned away with jealousy:
And her thorns were my only delight.
This nice poem about rose, you know rose, it is important role in all the Valentine’s Day with long history. Valentine is a time when appreciates the ones he loves. It is a time of showing commitment to the significant others and more so to a very special person.
Think about the valentine gifts, rose may your first choice in your mind immediately. The climax of valentine is the exchange of roses that signify love, appreciation and affection.
Rose Color Meanings
The long cultural history of the rose has led to it being used often as a symbol. Did you know that the color of the rose you give has meaning? There is special significance for each color of rose, whether they’re Valentine’s Day roses in a bouquet or those given for any other day or reason. The color means something and, not surprisingly, many women know this and most men don’t.
- The red rose will be appropriate love gift to lovers and being in love, signifying love and romantic meaning. These are given to our significant other and sometimes very close family members.
- Purple gives the meaning of love and signifies (in Western culture) that the giver has fallen instantly in love with the recipient. For new love, for instance, your relationship is very fresh choosing this.
- Not quite even that far in your relationship, but hoping to get it there? Then you’ll want to give coral, orange, or apricot roses instead.
- Another popular rose has yellow petals. These are often the second-most popular Valentine’s Day roses given. You can choose them as the nice thank you gifts to your colleague or close friend.
- I know pink rose, I want to choose some flower to show my appreciation and gratitude to my teacher, the shopkeeper told me that the meaning gratitude or appreciation, great, this is my perfect teacher gift.
While every flower has a wonderful story to tell, the rose stands alone in its abundant history and color meaning. So much so that we couldn’t resist giving it a little preferential treatment and dedicating a separate space to its rich symbolism.
You should know more about rose color meanings and symbolism, and then your Valentines Day gift will be unique.