Give military retirement gifts is great, but throwing a party is much more fun. Are you in charge of planning your dad’s, mom’s or friend’s military retirement party? Luckily, the process isn’t difficult but if you take the right steps and plan accordingly, your party will go off without a hitch but successful.
Here are some party ideas for your reference to make the party a truly memorable one:
Creative and successful military retirement party should have thoughtful invitations, appropriate decorations, interesting activities ideas, unforgettable party gift-giving and more. But before the retirement party, there are something you should consider to plan successful party:
- Choose a date, time and place for the unique party. You can choose a hotel banquet room or even host it at your home be sure to hold the maximum amount of people who will be attending.
- The branch of the military person. It is important to be very sure about which branch of the military the person being honored served in. A career in the Navy is quite different than a career spent serving in the Air Force. So you should to research the branch carefully and make sure if you want everything displayed at the party will be appropriate.
- Celebrate military accomplishments at the retirement party. Some veterans will be interested in celebrating their accomplishment at the retirement party but not comfortable discussing the time that they have spent serving.
Military Retirement Party Invitations
When making the guest list, start contacting friends, family and especially remember to invite old military buddies of the person who is retiring, this will be one of the most special gift ideas out there – reconnecting someone with an old friend on a special day.
Military Retirement Party Decorations Ideas
How to use retirement party supplies as great retirement decorations to throw a party as memorable as their career?
You will agree with me to decorate in a camouflage theme since it is typically associated with the military, or a more patriotic red, white, and blue theme.
For a most unique retirement centerpiece, use smaller sized military retirement cakes placed in the center of each table.
Creative Party Activities Ideas
The theme of military retirement party is appreciation, so don’t miss the recitals (military retirement poems), musicals (military appreciation songs), military retirement speeches, and shows, etc.
And thoughtful and successful party activities can appeal to all ages, such as military kids are interested in making crafts, creating a fun scavenger hunt game, playing charades or the classic draw-and-guess game, or put up a few game tables with checker boards, puzzles or world games.
It will be interesting and meaningful that encourage kids to sing a military appreciation song or military appreciation poems reading.
Military Retirement Party Highlight – Retirement Awards/Plaques
Displaying any special medals or honors that have been awarded to the retired soldier of honor through their career is one of the best military retirement party ideas.
Therefore recognize a veteran’s contributions and job with personalized military retirement award/plaque in front of her/his family, friends is great honor for every retired soldier.
It is a big surprise to the retiree if you present him with a crystal plaque engraved with his name, rank, dates of service, his military branch and division as well as their insignia and crest at the party to celebrate his retirement.
You can also highlight the achievements that the retiree made in his military career and include a saying, quotes or slogan that is frequently used in the army or a note to express your appreciation to the retiree’s dedication in the plaque. Believe me, the personalized military retirement awards/plaques must be the highlight of party.
Military Retirement Party Gifts Ideas
A personalized military retirement gift offers a tangible way to express our heartfelt gratitude. And giving your unique retirement gift to veteran in the end of party is appropriate. There are various of gifts you can select, but you can’t miss belowed 10 personalized military gifts:
- Shadow box and display case are traditional military retirement gifts for veterans. The retiree will feel very proud that the honors that he has been awarded in his military career showcased in the shadow box or display case to the visitors at home.
- A wall clock with the branch emblem on the face can be hung by the retiree proudly at home, recalling the memory of his military career full of danger, harder ship and challenge.
- A military ring is a relatively more costly retirement gift.
- Put together a video/DVD of military buddies sharing their love and wishes for the retiree.
- Throw blankets beautiful embroidered with military seals or emblems.
- Give retiree and his family a bouquet of home-grown flowers.
- Pray for retired soldier and let him know you are doing so.
- Write your own military retirement poem to show your appreciation and wishes.
- Make a unique card with heartwarming military retirement quotes.
- Write a letter of appreciation for soldier.
Article Source: http://www.military-gifts.org/military-retirement-party-ideas