Programs for Employee Appreciation Day can be a huge success, or a major flop.
The first Friday of March is Employee Appreciation Day. It is perfect time to tell your colleagues, co-workers and employees how much you appreciate them and their contribution to the company.
Using thoughtful and creative employee appreciation programs ideas to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day can improve staff performance and company profitability. But how to organize successful Employee Appreciation Day program?
Well-planned employee recognition programs need adequate planning, recognition employees for the employee appreciation programs come in all shapes and sizes. Publicly praising your workers can lead to jealousy, divisiveness, and unproductive flattery in an attempt to undeservedly gain recognition if your employee recognition program is not well-planned.
With this in mind, follow these tips to get your workplace’s recognition off on the right foot.
Tips for Employee Appreciation Day Programs
- Appreciate your employees by sharing with them. First and foremost, always make sure your employees know your recognition and appreciation and promote the entire workplace, not one or two individuals.
- Creative employee recognition programs need to match the corporate culture.
- Praise in public. You’d better announce award recipients at large, company-wide meetings to let employees to know, don’t let it go unnoticed.
- Team? Individual? Offering individual, team or department rewards is something to consider.
Effective Programs Ideas Celebrating Employee Appreciation Day
Programs ideas for Employee Appreciation Day should be create and executed by your company. Recognition programs vary widely, and may include a lunch, banquet, snack, cakes, or other munchies, and small recognition gifts. Don’t expect a day off. But your creative and heartwarming action will touch your staffs.
- Employee Appreciation Day Off. You can let your employees come to work one hour later or leave work one hour earlier. Or it is perfect that give them a day off of work to allow everyone to attend or you can schedule a day when the business is closed.
- Delicious Breakfast. When your employees arrive at work have bagels, cream cheese and butter available for them to eat for breakfast. Your employees will appreciate the gesture as many people run out the door without eating breakfast.
- Schedule lunch dates with employees. Give them an opportunity to select the luncheon site, and use the time to simply get to know them better.
- Employee Appreciation Day Party. Reward your employees with a party on Employee Appreciation Day is great. The party can be a company outing for recreation, a nice dinner out for employees and their significant others or an in-house party with a catered meal, appreciaiton gifts.
- Award Ceremony. Plan an awards ceremony for your employees, with award categories that are similar to what you would see at a real show.
- Family Day Picnic. Plan a family day picnic in a park and invite your employees and their family and recognize an employee’s hard work in front of her/his loved ones. Include games and entertainment that would appeal to the kids and have a barbecue.
- Create a recognition wall is interesting. In a school, a picture of the teacher is placed on a bulletin board outside the classroom. Follow this, in your office; you could make an event of creating a recognition hallway. Line a hallway with red construction paper, have each employee take a stroll down the red carpet to a point where they can pose and have a picture take.
- Employee Appreciation Day Trip. Employee Appreciation Day is on March, and March is great time to trip. I am sure this will be perfect chance to release employee’s pressure and enhance employee’s sense of belonging and have fun together.
- Plan a surprise achievement celebration for an employee or group of employees.
- Employee Appreciation Day banquet.