Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around. ~ Helen Peters
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. Therefore, how important the teacher appreciation is!
Teacher appreciation is a vital part of life of kids and kids’ parents.
Teachers come to work every day and teach their students to the best of their abilities. They impact child’s lives, their words can stay with kids for years, they live to not only teach the curriculum, but “inspire” and to “motivate” their students to reach their full potential. They teach with passion, helping shape the live of their students.
That’s why we should appreciate our teacher, and teacher appreciation is so important. So your teacher deserves appreciation year round, not only just celebrate the Teacher Appreciation Week, any time is the right: Teacher Appreciation Day, end of school year, back to school or retirement.
And your thank you gifts should not be personal, expensive, or elaborate. Rather, just make a simple gesture to say, “Thank You.” The best teacher appreciation gift is from your heart.
Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Make a teacher appreciation craft to highlight teacher’s desk.
- Give a homemade thank you card.
- Write a teacher appreciation poem.
- Customize personalized teacher appreciation award/plaque with engraving thank you teacher wording.
- Write a thank you letter for teacher to show your love and gratitude.
- Pray for teacher and his/her family.
- Organize kinds of activities to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week such as plan party, picnic, trip, etc.
- Put together a video/DVD of kids and kids’ parents sharing their love and appreciation for the teacher and his/her family.
- Give your kids’ teacher and his/her family a bouquet of home-grown flowers.
- Plant a tree in honor of teacher with your kids.
- Assign each small group in classroom a specific week to serve as the teacher appreciation team. Let them come up with creative ways to appreciate their teacher that week.
- Create a photo album of classroom activities and students, as well as quotes of appreciation.
- Plan a special banquet to honor teacher.
- Investigate the needs of teacher. If he/she is having financial difficulties.
- Help them with gardening. Our teacher cannot pay more attention to their gardening, spend a few time doing their gardening and teaching them gardening knowledge.
- Take out an ad in the local newspaper to thank the teachers in your school or district.
- Create an event page on Facebook to spread the word about your Teacher Appreciation Day.
- Send out a press release thanking the teachers at your school, highlighting why teachers are so important to our children, and advertising your teacher appreciation activities.
- Pay for dinner and a show for the teacher couple…provide babysitting if necessary.
- Invite teacher enjoys SPA night.
- Help female teacher design new hair style.
- Introducing appropriate cosmetic is suitable for her/his skin.
- Flowers for her dining room table.
- Hold a pie auction and use the proceeds to send the teacher on a trip.
- Hire a cleaning service for 2-3 hours.
- Make your own cookies for teacher.
- Sing a teacher appreciation song.
- Collect beautiful decorations to highlight classroom.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Host a special breakfast or lunch for your school’s teachers and staff.
Article Source: http://www.teacher-gifts.org/teacher-appreciation-ideas