Christmas is one of the best occasions to convey your appreciation and recognition to your employees and co-workers.
If you are the boss at your company and you and your company has had a successful year financially, you may want to share. If you are a small business owner and have a few employees working for you, you should consider buying Christmas gifts as a token of appreciation for their hard work. Buying your employees a Christmas gift will also lift their morale and make them feel more personal with the company which will also serve you well in the long run.
What type of Christmas gifts should you consider? There is going to depend on a few things. How many employees do you need to buy gifts for? Are they male or female? You should keep in mind his likes and dislikes, hobbies and activities that he or she does in leisure time. And how much do you have to spend on each one’s gift?
Here are a few pointers to consider if you are trying to buy appropriate gifts for your employees.
Exquisite Christmas Gifts Ideas for Female Employees
PA Gift Baskets – Gift your female employee with a day of beauty and relaxation at a local spa. Let her luxuriate in a body massage, manicure, pedicure and facial services. Spa gift baskets are great non-food gift choices. These spa gifts come with bath salts, body gels, fine lotions, spa towels and slippers; and will help your administrative staff to relax and rejuvenate from the stress of the office routine.
Candles are a favorite of women – Today, there are so many choices – soy candles or regular wax. And the scents…there are a million to choose from. If you are buying the same candle for several employees, I would suggest picking a lightly scented one, as it will be pleasing to just about everyone.
Christmas Cookbook – Your female employee may want to prepare some tasty dishes for the Christmas to show her love and appreciation to her husband, kids and her family. Now, appropriate Christmas cookbook will be thoughtful. Your female staff must be very curious to know some tasty turkey recipes and kinds of pies for kids.
Chocolate – An exquisite gift of gourmet chocolate can include assortments from all over the world and be given as a holiday gift or for a special occasion. An exquisite gift of gourmet chocolate can include assortments from all over the world and be given as a holiday gift or for a special occasion. And your female employee can’t refuse it.
Personalized Christmas Gifts Ideas for Male Employees
For the men in your workplace, focus on gift product categories such as sporting goods, automotive, and travel. Men are often fascinated with new tools, electronic products such as cell phones and iPods, and anything to do with the outdoors.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are easy to buy and an appreciated gift and your female employee will be interested it very much for she can buy something what she want without expensive price. Starbucks, the mall, a nail salon, a bookstore are all great places to give a gift card to.
- Cash – It is always a welcomed gift, especially this year. This is more appropriate if you have only a few employees, but a little extra cash bonus is a gift that will really be appreciated.
- Christmas Gifts Basket – A Christmas gift basket is a fun way to combine many small items that come together to create one big Christmas gift. Select a theme for your gift basket based on something the recipient enjoys.
- Office supplies—other than the ones you routinely order—are an appropriate gift idea for employees, since your job is your common bond. Ideas include nice pens, stationery, a desk organizer, a clock or a lamp.
- Baked Goods – Baking cookies or other holiday-themed treats for your employees is also a good idea. It is thoughtful, easy and relatively inexpensive. Look up a creative, unique Christmas cookie recipe or go with an easy holiday favorite such as gingerbread men.
- Time Off – No matter how much someone loves his job; he loves his time off even more. This will cost you nothing up front, so if you’re looking for a cheap Christmas gift that will be truly appreciated, give each employee one “free” half-day off between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve to complete their Christmas errands.