The first Friday of March is Employee Appreciation Day. It is perfect time to tell your colleagues, co-workers and employees how much you appreciate them and their contribution to the company.
Showing your appreciation to employees will make them feel good about themselves and about their job. Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day can improve staff performance and company profitability. Such holiday programs can motivate employees and encourage them to achieve their goals.
You can do this anytime of the year, there are no occasions required. As a matter of fact, small presents and tokens of employee appreciation that are given all year round will make the people at work feel valued all year round as well. But considering several recent studies show many employees may not feel very appreciated.
Employee Appreciation Day: Employee Can Feel Appreciation or Not?
Employee Appreciation Day has taken place on the first Friday of every March since 1995 but recent studies show many employees may not feel very appreciated. Nearly 50 percent of employees surveyed by MarketTools, Inc., have considered leaving their current jobs, and 21 percent have applied for another job in the past six months.
Why? Letting your employees know they are appreciated and respected is a small, but important aspect of effective management. When deadlines are looming or when customers are unhappy, employee morale can nosedive. Why didn’t employers use Employee Appreciation Day to thank employees for their hard work and let them know the company would suffer if it were not for their individual contribution?
Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day
Celebrating Employee Appreciation Day should be create and executed by your company. Recognitions vary widely, and may include a lunch, snack, cakes, or other munchies, and small recognition gifts. Don’t expect a day off. But your heartwarming action will touch your staffs.
- You can let your employees come to work one hour later or leave work one hour earlier. Or it is perfect that give them a day off of work to allow everyone to attend or you can schedule a day when the business is closed.
- When your employees arrive at work have bagels, cream cheese and butter available for them to eat for breakfast. Your employees will appreciate the gesture as many people run out the door without eating breakfast.
- As most companies, you don’t end their fiscal year near Employee Appreciation Day, you can reserve a percentage of the profits and hand it out on this day. This is one very tangible way to give back to employees for the excellent service they provide that enables the company to make a profit.
- Organize funny Employee Appreciation Day party.
- Reward your employees with a party on Employee Appreciation Day is great. The party can be a company outing for recreation, a nice dinner out for employees and their significant others or an in-house party with a catered meal.
- Plan an awards ceremony for your employees, with award categories that are similar to what you would see at a real show.
- Plan a family day picnic in a park and invite your employees and their family and recognize an employee’s hard work in front of her/his loved ones. Include games and entertainment that would appeal to the kids and have a barbecue.
- Create a recognition wall is interesting. In a school, a picture of the teacher is placed on a bulletin board outside the classroom. Follow this, in your office; you could make an event of creating a recognition hallway. Line a hallway with red construction paper, have each employee take a stroll down the red carpet to a point where they can pose and have a picture take.
Creative Employee Appreciation Day Gifts Ideas
One idea for employee appreciation day is to surprise workers with special gifts throughout the day. Here are a few creative Employee Appreciation Day gifts ideas for your reference.
* Employee Appreciation Day Off.
* Delicious Breakfast.
* Post a thank you note on an employee’s door.
* Write an employee appreciation letter.
* Appreciation card with handwriting.
* Customize an employee appreciation award online.
* Spa Day
Article Source: https://www.employee-recognition.org/employee-appreciation-day