It is a big surprise to the retiree if you present him with a crystal plaque engraved with his name, rank, dates of service, and your appreciation quotes.
Your appropriate and heartwarming retirement quotes can highlight the achievements that the retiree made in his military career:
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – E. Davis
- Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. – Ronald Reagan
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
- The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment. – Judd Gregg
- Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die – G.K. Chesterton
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! – Maya Angelou
When people ask us “Why Should We Honor Veterans or Retired Soldiers” you should say that they deserve all the accolades and gratitude coming them – perhaps even more – because nothing compares to what they have gone through to defend the honor of their country:
- In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. — Mark Twain
- I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. — Gary Hart
- The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave … — Patrick Henry
- The number of medals on an officer’s breast varies in inverse proportion to the square of the distance of his duties from the front line. — Charles Edward Montague
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! — Maya Angelou
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. — Joseph Campbell
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. — John F. Kennedy
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes. — Maya Angelou
You can’t imagine the conflicting feeling you must be experiencing as you consider the end of military life of Air Force, Army, Navy, etc. Therefore our retired soldiers need not only congratulation but also encouragement and support.
Inspirational retirement quotes have the power to change soldiers’ minds, their retired lives and help them reshape their very existence.
- Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it. — Bernard Baruch
- Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know. – Basil Carpenter
- Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for you. I never had the time before to notice the beauty of your grand kids, your wife, and the tree outside your very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself. – Hartman Jule
- Now, you have time to smell the roses, or a pot of freshly brewed coffee. Sit on the patio and listen to the rustle of the trees leaves, a bird’s call…be still and just listen. The end of military life means the start of new life.
- Service men and women honored their country with their service, and now it’s the right time to honor their distinguished military careers; it’s the appropriate time to out for a late autumn walk in the closing part of the afternoon with your spouse and kids for they were waiting for long.
- Our brave service men and women, retirement will be a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and how you want to do it.
- Retirement is not idleness, and it is perfect time belongs to you and your family to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
Article Source: https://www.military-gifts.org/air-force-retirement-quotes